Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Haircuts

Penny's hair was getting out of control. It kept getting knots and even though I'd spray it with a ton of that detangling stuff-- she'd still cry when I brushed it. I threatened to cut it off and she didn't care! So off it came.

When Jason and I first got married, he told me he had always gone to a barber and he always would go to one. I told him I was quite capable of cutting it myself. I grew up watching my mom cut hair, so something must have sunk in, right? It took some convincing, but he agreed to let me have a go. Before that I had only given my sister's friend, Brian Dever a haircut in High School. I was glad I had done that because I was able to not lie and tell Jason I had experience in cutting hair. I obviously impressed him, because he hasn't been back to the barber since.

I've cut Thomas and Sam's hair all along-- but this is the first 'real' haircut I've given Penny. When we lived in Texas she got a hold of some scissors, so I had to fix that one. She did her best to sit still this time, but a three year old is very squirmy, so it was a challenge. But I think it turned out pretty well.

























The boys got haircuts too. I forgot to get 'before' pictures for them, but just refer to the Halloween pictures to see how shaggy they were.

8 comments:

Jamie Sue said...

It looks great!! Did you do it yourself? If so, you've got some major hair-cutting skillz! I'm not brave enough to say bye to Hunter's hair yet, but I'm sure i'll have to soon.

Jason said...

holy cow jamie sue-- you're fast! i was still posting this when you commented. but i'm glad, because i added more to answer your question.

S. Fantasia said...

Good job. She looks great!

Kellianne said...

Isn't it great to practice on little girls who don't care? I've learned on my girls too. It looks great! Especially for a squirmy 3 year old! I have to get mine in front of a movie, and even then...

The Price Family said...

You did great with all of them! I love your Halloween pictures, your little double chinned fairy is so cute!

Melissa Robinson Wichmann said...

Your kids are SO CUTE! You've got some talent, for sure. LOL

Madison is getting her first trim on Monday. It's pretty bad. I've even been a bit tempted to have it cut more because like Penny with you, she cries & cries when I comb her hair. I hate it. But it's so long & curly at the ends... We'll see.

I just want to pinch little Penny's butt! It is sooo cute & she looks so much like Madison from behind!

CS Fenn said...

Well I don't know how difficult it is to cut a girl's hair (no experience in that department!) but you always do such a great job with Thomas and Sam. How do you do it without leaving a line? My boys always look like I put a bowl on their head to cut it! And I'm not going for that look! You do a great job of blending.

Arleen said...

Good job! Whaddya know? Something I did sunk in???! Ha!