Sunday, November 23, 2008

I'm in LoVE

As some of you may know, when I lived in Texas I had a business with my sister-in-law Shelly (Nathan's wife). And if you didn't know that, then you're a punk, because it's right here on the left of my blog. Anyway-- I lo-lo-lo-loved it! (Oh Shelly, I MISS you!!!) Then after our move from hell-- I think I just kind of became jaded about a lot of stuff. I used to find so much comfort in my sewing projects. Since being here I've only made a handful of things. The other night I decided to organize all my ribbon. I have a lot of ribbon, so that was a big job. And thanks to the freaking idiot movers, everything was a complete mess. But I did it.

And my fabric is a whole other story. Don't know if I have the strength to tackle that yet.







After I put all the ribbon in here, the drawer collapsed from the weight.


Just bits 'n pieces.



Here's something I made for my kids for Halloween that I forgot to post earlier. It's an eye-spy bag. I put over 40 things in there! Don't know if you can tell in the pictures, but I put things in there like: a rat, skeleton, tombstone, fly, maggot (yes, I found a maggot), bat, worm, cat, eyeball, jack-o-lantern, and lots of other Halloweeny things. It was fun making it and the kids love it.

8 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

Holy cow, that's a lot of ribbon!! And it all looks so cute too. I love the halloween game. I see people make those and take them to church. I need something like that to entertain my rambunctious boys.

Melissa Robinson Wichmann said...

Holy SH... CRAP! That is a buttload of ribbon. As I was looking at those pictures the thought crossed my mind about how I could use alot of those for Haley & Madison's hair. I thought I had alot.. but apparently not!! LOL

And I LOVE the eye-spy bag. Those is so cool! I think Wendy has one of those for church. Are they hard to make? Meaning, could you teach me through email?

Mandy said...

Hey if the eye-spy instructions are simple (and I mean REALLY simple) I'd love for you to teach me, too... I've never seen one of those - it is super cute! Thanks :)

Mauzy Musings said...

I'm glad you finally got all your ribbon organized. You even rolled them all up and stuck pins in them! Wow, impressive!!! It seems like you have more ribbon than me, and I'm still doing it for the business :) I think as soon as I move into a new house or get pregnant, whichever comes first, I may shut it all down. It is just too hard without you! I miss you too!!!! And I love the spy bags you made me, but I haven't tackled it yet myself. That Halloween one is so cute.

Heather K said...

I am jealous of all your ribbon it is good for everything!

gena said...

Impressive!

Jamie Sue said...

HOLY COW WOMAN!! I had no idea, you had a love-affair with ribbon? When did you get so crafty? Were you always like this, or did I just not know you very well back in the day?

Jopes said...

Allison you are an absolute Peach,
when is finally get you some nieces and nephews, you need to use some of ribbon constructively