Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Carols at Movie World

Jason's Nan (aka 2 Nans) has worked at the same place for fifteen years. That place is Movie World-- which is the Australian equivalent to Six Flags. And since she's worked there so long she gets nice perks-- one of which is getting a bunch of her grandkids in to Carol night for free. Not only for free, but the kids also got a free popcorn and ice cream. Luckyyy.

Movie World is a Warner Brothers theme park. They did this Carols night on the 15th of December (and as usual I took forever to post it). Of course you know it's summer here-- and for some strange reason Australians don't really believe in air conditioning. So I felt so sorry for all the people in costumes dancing around. But the kids had fun, and that's all that counts, right?

I wish I would have had my digital recorder when Elmo came on stage-- Penny and Sam were over the moon. It was SO cute. And they got to hold out their hands and touch most of the characters. They had a really good time singing Christmas songs with their favorite characters.

We bought the kids flashy necklaces. The boys got spikey balls and Penny got a butterfly. Of course Sam had to ham it up for the camera. Oh wait, that's not for the camera-- he's always like that.

Some of the lucky ones who got to benefit from their hard working Nan. Look at photogenic Thomas! He's so cute. Then besides the little ones (I can't name them all because, well, let's face it: sometimes I can't remember my own kids' names) there's Jason's cousin Bronwyn (love that girl) on the left, cousin in-law Kim and her friend, and then another cousin in-law. And then of course there's Jason.

Penny saw me take a picture of Sam, so she couldn't be left out.

It's funny how rumors get started. This is Jason's cousin Nicole, who is obviously pregnant. After I took this picture I told her that I felt like getting pregnant just so my tits would be as big as hers. (Um, sorry to all those who didn't know how crude I am.) So the next day I heard I was trying to get pregnant. Not happening.

Jason's cousin Paula and her amazingly noise tolerant baby, Oliver.

Oh the excitement of it all.

This is one thing that I like about Australia. Do you think all the kids would be able to stand in front of the stage at Six Flags? I think not.

Oh ya, and Santa came to visit!


The kids with 2 Nans and Nanny D after the crowd cleared.

I don't know why I feel the need to point out to all of you how much of a bitch I am, but here I go again. This guy stepped right in front of me, and not just once. And it's not like there was a big crowd right there, it was us and him. So I told him to get out of my way in a very unlady like manner. So there.

Since Nan knows all the characters, she was able to steal Tweety away for Thomas to say hi.

Everyone got a turn with Sylvester.

The kids with Speed Racer (this was actually in the movie).

Penny always has to push the limit, as shown in this picture.

1 comment:

Heather K said...

Looks like a hot, Fun time! You crack me up! I forgot how funny you are!