Friday, November 21, 2008

Wink Wink

When we go anywhere-- we're usually in the car for a while before we get to our destination (that's what happens when you live in BFE). So I've been grabbing some Junie B. Jones books to read to the kids on our drive. Those books crack me up! I'm not kidding-- sometimes I can't read for a while because I'm laughing so much.

Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentine has been my favorite book so far. Junie B. got a valentine from a 'secret admirer'. Below describes when she's trying to figure out who her admirer is. Maybe it won't be as funny to you-- but it cracked me up.



I wrinkled up my nose very darling.
"Yeah, only you don't even have to be shy of me anymore, William. 'Cause I think I know your secret," I said.
After that, I put my chin on his table. And I winked my eye at him. Only I'm not actually good at winking. And so I have to say the words.
"Wink, wink, William," I said. "Wink, wink, wink. See my eye? See how it is trying to wink at you?"

And here's an excerpt from the book we're reading right now, Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business:

A crib is a bed with bars on the side of it. It's kind of like a cage at the zoo. Except with a crib, you can put your hand through the bars. And the baby won't pull you in and kill you.

How hilarious is that???

6 comments:

S. Fantasia said...

I am impressed that you can read in the car. I would puke after about 5 minutes. (I'm already feeling green just thinking about it.)

Jamie Sue said...

Junie B Jones is great! I wish those books had been around when I was little.

Mauzy Fam said...

Those are funny. I can't believe you read in the car either. I'd puke.

CS Fenn said...

I love Junie B. Jones too! When Kyle was in 1st grade, I'd go in his class to help a lot, and I thought his teacher was the biggest WITCH! She was always yelling at those poor kids. Anyway, once I heard her read a Junie B. Jones book to the kids and she did it perfect. Now I look back on her with fond memories, just cuz've the way she did Junie.

Bonnie Mills said...

I love it! I've never heard of these books before, but I'm definitely going to be getting them! Made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

I remember reading Junie B. Jones to some college friends about 8years ago (after being introduced to it by nephews) and wanting so badly for them to appreciate it like I did. It's definitely much more enjoyable with children...and adults that can think like children.