Friday, December 5, 2008

Canungra Show

Canungra is about 30 minutes away, and it's the town that Jason grew up in. They had a show-- or a fair as we Americans would say. These pictures are from August! Isn't that horrible? Talk about a slow poster. Anyway-- Jason took the kids to go see all the animals and watch the different shows they had on. The kids had fun, Jason learned his lesson, and I enjoyed every moment of peace while they were gone.



Below is the wood chopping competition. Jason didn't take pictures of the other events, but they had things like pig races, beaut ute (suped up vehicles), and an American group that did basketball tricks (sounded like the Harlem Globetrotters when he was describing it to me).



These next pictures crack me up. Sam really liked this baby goat, as you can see. And the goat obviously liked Sam because he was trying to nurse from his finger!











This isn't a pony, it's a full grown miniature horse! Isn't that crazy?


They call these dagwood dogs. Of course I'm sure you can figure out it's a corndog. Silly Australians think they have to be so different from Americans.

4 comments:

gena said...

What fun for the kids! I just went private and I don't think I have your email address to invite you. If you email me I will add you to my list:)

Cottrells said...

I loved all the shots with them hugging the animals, too cute! I can't get my girls anywhere near anything with fur!!!

CS Fenn said...

I could just eat Sam up! I want to pinch those cheeks! What a cutie. They're all cute - but Sam has the same adorable look that Carter has going on right now that I can hardly stand. I think that dagwood dog is different from a corn dog! It looks obscene! ;)

Melissa Robinson Wichmann said...

Ugh... that dagwood looks... pretty FN NASTY! And obscene too like mentioned in the above comment. Are they good?

What a fun day for the kids to spend the day with their daddy and for you to get some me-time! I LIVE for those days. I am a huge, big, firm believer in me-time.